They that are just and fair-minded in their judgement occupy a sublime station and hold an exalted rank. The light of piety and uprightness shineth resplendent from these souls. We earnestly hope that the peoples and countries of the world may not be deprived of the splendours of these two luminaries. Baha’u’llah, Bahai writings

The seven Baha’is who have been in Evin prison in Tehran since spring 2008 today appeared in court for a second time. At the first hearing, in January, they were formally charged with espionage, propaganda activities against the Islamic order, the establishment of an illegal administration, cooperation with Israel, sending secret documents outside the country, acting against the security of the country and corruption on earth. Both hearings were held in camera, so we do not have many details. It appears that the proceedings today were procedural. The Baha’is –Mrs Fariba Kamalabadi, Mr Jamaloddin Khanjani, Mr Afif Naeimi, Mr Saeid Rezaie, Mrs Mahvash Sabet, Mr Behrouz Tavakkoli and Mr Vahid Tizfahm – have pleaded not guilty to all the charges.

In light of the long persecution of the Baha’is in Iran, pre-dating the Iranian Islamic Revolution of 1979 by more than a hundred years, the worldwide Baha’i community is convinced that the Baha’is have been charged solely because of their religious beliefs.

We who are judges and magistrates hold justice as the highest of standard of civilization. The principles of the independence of the judiciary, the primacy of the rule of law — which was formulated in Islamic jurisprudence before the twelfth century — fairness, equality, due process, impartiality, trustworthiness, openness and consistency are at the heart of every judicial system worthy of the name. We align ourselves to these principles — without them our own integrity is compromised.

Those of you who are hearing the case of the Baha’is in Iran have a unique opportunity to demonstrate that you too align yourself with these principles. As all trustworthy judges do, you will want to listen to both sides. You will not be persuaded by rhetoric — you will want to ascertain the facts. You will need more than allegations — you will need robust evidence. You will be suspicious of concocted `evidence’. You will consult not only your books but your conscience. You will not allow yourself to be manipulated by vested interests. You will look beyond the prejudices that drive lesser men and hear with your own ears and see with your own eyes. You will recognize that these Baha’is have served the people of Iran, your citizens, and have always had their best interests, and yours, at heart.

We, your judicial colleagues, are willing you to treat your judicial position with respect and to discharge your responsibilities with honour. Your personal integrity and reputation, and the integrity of your judicial system and its reputation, are at stake. No doubt, when you apply the principles we all hold so dear, you will find the Baha’is before you innocent.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

7,460 Responses to “An Open Letter to My Judicial Colleagues in Iran”

1. Many thanks for the help in this question. I did not know it., earth defense force insect armageddon-skidrow download, 063, Potatoman Seeks The Troof android, 013358, download asphalt 7 heat v1 0.7 unlimited money stars android-zone rar exe, 5096, punch quest v1 2.0 full yahsoft apk play online, uktg, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy iphone, 110, Tropico full game free pc, %(((,

2. link detailson 25 Mar 2017 at 17:35

I believe everything said made a lot of sense. However, think about this, suppose you
    were to write a killer post title? I ain’t saying your information isn’t solid., however suppose you added something that
    grabbed folk’s attention? I mean Wendi’s Wanders »
    Blog Archive » An Open Letter to My Judicial Colleagues in Iran is
    a little plain. You should peek at Yahoo’s home page and see
    how they create article titles to get viewers to
    click. You might add a related video or a related pic or two to get
    people excited about everything’ve got to say. Just
    my opinion, it would make your posts a little livelier.

3. lace frontalon 26 Mar 2017 at 11:15

Great lace frontal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny8rUpI_98I design and might be put on with almost everything. Pretty pleasant.

4. It is visible, not destiny., Download Cousins 2014 movie for free, zbrrg, Download The Children Of An Lac 1980 free, 76118, watch WWE: Allied Powers – The World’s Greatest Tag Teams 2009 movie free download, 999076, watch It Follows 2014 movie free download, 78507, watch Stonewall 2015 movie free download, wfzud, Watch The Trigger Trio movie, 15496,

5. It was specially registered at a forum to participate in discussion of this question., watch Eat My Goal 2004 movie free download, %[[, watch The Brother From Another Planet 1984 movie free download, :D, watch Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru 2016 movie free download, =-OO, watch In Stereo 2015 movie free download, 148610, Angucken Hum Aapke Hain Koun…! Film online anschauen und downloaden, fzwih,

6. I agree with told all above. Let’s discuss this question., Watch He Named Me Malala movie, :)), watch The Real Dirt On Farmer John 2005 movie free download, yopjs, watch Fantastic Voyage 1966 movie free download, :-[[, Download Eat My Goal 2004, 874, Download Sarah Silverman: We Are Miracles full movie, 1412,

7. I well understand it. I can help with the question decision. Together we can find the decision., watch Perry Mason: The Case Of The Heartbroken Bride 1992 movie free download, drya, watch Bienvenue a Bord 2011 movie free download, >:-), Download Class Of Nuke ‘Em High 1986 movie, 8-), watch Reet, Petite, And Gone 1947 movie free download, 7493, Beobachte The Host online, xbbghy,

8. I can recommend to visit to you a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you., Regarder Gilgamesh 2014 en Streaming gratuitement sans limit, 410, Watch Pocong 2 2006 movie online, >:-), Ver Pelicula Taken In Broad Daylight 2009 Online Gratis, =-]], Watch Bad Girls From Valley High 2005 movie online, 827985, watch Ryan And Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure 2008 movie free download, rztg,

9. my siteon 28 Mar 2017 at 22:14

This article presents clear idea in support of the new visitors of blogging, that really how to
    do blogging and site-building.

10. Bookworm Adventures Deluxe androidon 29 Mar 2017 at 00:16

In it something is. I will know, many thanks for an explanation., Deception IV: Blood Ties buy, iwwv, crysis 3 xbox360-imars play online, klf, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon full game, 685, trackmania 2 stadium multi22 pcdvd p2p www gamestorrents com download installer, 064244, Blair Witch Volume II: The Legend of Coffin Rock download, 219750,

11. Beobachte Allah-Rakha onlineon 29 Mar 2017 at 18:03

Very well, that well comes to an end., Beobachte Ladrones online, =-], Download Best Of Enemies 2015 movie free, 8-O, watch Psycho Santa 2003 movie free download, npxul, Download Ip Man 3 full movie, 61012, Download Santo Contra El Asesino De La T.V. 1981 movie for free, 8-DD, The Rape anschauen und downloaden kinofilm online, ftgprt,

12. healthon 05 Apr 2017 at 22:47

Hi, this weekend is fastidious in support of me, since this moment i am reading this impressive educational post here at my home.

13. A Man in Full full book free pcon 10 Apr 2017 at 07:39

You are not right. I am assured. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate., nokia sony ericsson samsung lg etc free full game, cggkb, The Hero’s Lot (The Staff and the Sword, #2) buy, 5600, Batman: Arkham Asylum iphone, 8-PPP, Duel Masters game, 196269, hunted the demons forge-kaos buy, =PPP,

14. m88on 10 Apr 2017 at 09:49

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this web site’s posts
    daily along with a cup of coffee.

15. sex camon 10 Apr 2017 at 10:15

whoah this blog is wonderful i love studying your articles.
    Stay up the great work! You understand, lots of persons are looking around for this information, you
    can help them greatly.

16. adidas tubularon 10 Apr 2017 at 20:48

yeezy boost 750 deutschland verlosung

17. I am sorry, it does not approach me. There are other variants?, watch The Big Melt: How Steel Made Us Hard 2013 movie free download, 8O, Ver Tim’s Vermeer 2013 Online HD Español Latino, =-[[[, Ver Monsters In The Woods 2012 Online HD Español Latino, 8]]], Download Florida Man movie, >:-], watch 56 Up 2012 movie free download, 614,

18. My partner read a big amount about %BT%. Having Said That
    currently have suspicions instead of sure how to work about it effectively.

I’m guessing you’ll will give everyone a lot more data maybe many suggestions?

my web-site http://essayreview-group.com/product/services_of_writemyessayonline/

19. Nealon 11 Apr 2017 at 02:41

Excellent way of describing, and nice post to take information on the topic of my presentation subject
    matter, which i am going to deliver in school. http://other.rasmeinews.com/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=1858799

Trackback URI | Comments RSS